As a travel PR agency in New York City we are constantly on the lookout for new information on travelers and their preferences.
HomeAway, a top online vacation rental marketplace, conducted a survey. The survey shows that kids have become a major influence on family travel plans. They found that the great majority of parents in the United States, UK, France, Germany and Spain give their children some say in where they want to go on vacation. Parents believe that the most important part of a family vacation is to spend quality time together.
Involving Kids in the Process
Involving kids in the planning process is a great advantage for two reasons. It is the best way to get your kids excited for the vacation, especially since they know they helped plan the trip. It will also provide kids with new knowledge that extends much further than the classroom. The kids will learn about new countries, cultures, and languages as well as treat the vacation like an educational opportunity.
What Kids Want
– The survey shows that kids within the United States want to have a pool at their destination more than anything else.
– Other priorities for kids include experiencing new adventures and doing things that they would not be able to do at home.
– Kids want to stay at rare location like a castle or a tree house.
– Amongst the younger kids in the United States, theme parks are their preferred destination.
– Older kids are more likely to want to travel internationally and go to a beautiful beach destination.
– All kids enjoy new adventures and exciting experiences but they also enjoy the option of staying connected to the Internet.
Visit the Family Travelers Tribe at Gogobot.com to see where you should take your next family vacation! Don’t forget to involve your kids on your next trip to ensure that you all have an unforgettable time.